These five strategies, which can all be implemented at the beginning of the semester, include how to:
- Overcome procrastination and disorganization so students can take charge of their own success during the school year.
- Train your brain so that you can learn anything you are taught, no matter how good (or bad) you think your teacher is.
- Take creative, powerful notes that make the key points stick every time.
- Make studying so interesting and fun that you are 110% ready for every test.
- Stay motivated and calm in the face of increasing pressure throughout the semester
Specific recommendations Gretchen makes include watching videos on YouTube about how the brain learns (this is a great one to get started with), and checking out an online role playing game called HabitRPG. For a free download of a unique planner page that Gretchen has designed for middle and high school students, sign up for her “Stress-Free School Year Toolkit” at her website.