Want some great beach reading over the summer?
Gretchen and Megan recommend their favorite light-and-enlightening reading for parents and teens alike.
For a fun explanation about why each of the books is both fascinating and educational, tune into the discussion. Here’s a master list of each of the books we recommend:
- Spark: The Revoluationary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John Ratey, MD
- The Gatekeepers: Inside the Admissions Process of a Premier College by Jacques Steinberg
- How to Be a High School Superstar: A Revolutionary Plan to Get into College by Standing Out (Without Burning Out) by Cal Newport
- The Perfect Score Project: One Mother’s Journey to Uncover the Secrets of the SAT by Debbie Stier
- The New Global Student: Skip the SAT, Save Thousands on Tuition, and Get a Truly International Education by Maya Frost
- Choke: What the Secrets of the Brain Reveal About Getting it Right When You Have To by Sian Beillock
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell