Gretchen has created a checklist of 8 tasks students and parents can take to make sure they’ve got off to a great start.
- gotten an organization system and supplies that work for you, including an at-home filing system?
- read through all your syllabi to take note of attendance and late work policies?
- introduced yourself to your teacher, and if you have a learning difference, told your teacher about it?
- gotten the phone numbers of 2-3 people in each of your classes?
- established a “Homework Set Up Routine” for when you get home from school?
- made an agreement with your parents about how often you (and they) will check your online grades?
- gotten distraction blockers on your computer?
- created an exercise regimen that is independent of whatever sports you will play?