Here are some straightforward actions to take to make sure that you’re set up to rock the semester, and stay on pace with college applications — no matter what grade you’re in.
Gretchen and Megan take turns offering their favorite tips, which include:
- Update college-bound resume
- Clean out binders
- Review grades and set new goals
- Collect new tools to help you improve the bad habits you got into last semester
- Assess where you are with college planning, and what the necessary next steps are
- Map out your assignments and schedule for the entire semester
- Double check late work policies for all new teachers
- Talk to teachers. If you are in a new class, introduce yourself, and if you are a returning student, get tips about how to improve.