Sometimes adults forget that being a student is an emotionally taxing job, and students need reassurance!
On today’s New Year’s episode we discuss the 5 ways that feelings get in the way of student success if they’re not acknowledged.
Each of today’s tips is inspired by a video from Gretchen’s YouTube channel. Tune in to get the low-down on each of these tips, or go directly to the videos that inspired them in the first place:
- What to do when you’re stressing about homework — about the common problem of trying to second guess what the teacher wants, and how this habit causes undue stress
- Beat test anxiety with this 10 minute trick — about the underlying fears that cause you to blank out on tests
- A giant fear that makes students unnecessarily stuck — about students’ fear of talking to teachers
- A destructive myth that makes students miserable — about the stress caused when students think their work is not valuable or respected unless they do it alone
- What every struggling student needs to hear — about a deep seeded fear that they are broken because they struggle