Many students don’t want to start thinking about college until they’re a junior (or even a senior!) in high school.
However, it’s important to start them exploring college, and improving their academic track record, when they’re in middle school and early high school.
How do you engage your reluctant teen? Megan and Gretchen chat about it, covering the following topics:
- How young is too young to start talking about college
- How to get super incremental in the way you get students thinking about academic success
- Use rewards in smart ways
- Let the schools sell themselves, so you don’t have to
- Understand what motivates students
- Take this test on the four motivational tendencies.