Too many students struggle with multiple choice tests.
Often, this difficulty is not that they don’t know the material but rather because they haven’t learned how to take those tests well.
Listen in as Megan provides her top five tips so you stop losing points on tests. Specifically, she discusses habits for how to:
- pay attention to the design of the test
- make sure you’re reading the details in both questions and answers
- change your focus from finding the right answer to eliminating the wrong answer
- troubleshoot when you can’t actually write on the exam
- compare choices once you’ve narrowed them down,
- “work backward” to choose the correct answer, and
- discern what test-taking advice is ineffective and should be ignored
This episode originally aired as episode 158 on May 1, 2017.