Teachers — you are powerful people in students’ lives!
There are a few simple tweaks you can make that will help students be better and less anxious learners and time managers. Now is a great time to plan.
Listen in to get details about Gretchen and Megan’s suggestions:
- Please strive to return tests within a week of taking.
- Do not make assumptions about learning differences or needs to use accommodations
- Try to update grades on a regular schedule.
- Don’t “gossip” about other students or share stories that may be taken as lack of confidentiality
- Make sure students have the correct answers to tests after they’ve been given, so they can accurately assess themselves when studying, and
- Reach out to parents BEFORE the crisis and/or to send “warm fuzzies”