Too many students have poor grammar, and it weakens their writing. This has become increasingly obvious to Megan as she works with students on writing their college admissions essays.
If you are looking for skills to build or strengthen with students grades 6-12, consider following some of Megan’s advice to improve students’ grammar and usage.
In this episode, Megan breaks down:
- three reasons why it’s important to improve grammar sooner rather than later (hint: one of them is the SAT and ACT tests)
- the importance of not just acquiring knowledge of grammar rules, but of ALSO practicing this knowledge so that it becomes fluent, and
- some tools and tips for how to get this practice regularly.
Megan also recommends the following resources:
- Khan Academy’s writing practice,
- Grammar Girl’s The Ultimate Writing Guide for Students, and
- The Elements of Style.