Parenting is always challenging, and being a parent of a “differently wired” kids comes with its unique set of adventures.
Listen in as parenting expert Debbie Reber shares tips for navigating the transition from homeschooling to high school with a 2e kid.
Specifically, we chat about:
- What it means to be “differently wired” and “twice exceptional” (aka 2e)
- Some of the challenges that come with parenting differently wired kids
- Why Debbie initially chose to homeschool her son, and how they transitioned into high school
- Advice for parents about the importance of self care and how to stay grounded
- A great college for differently wired kids
- And more
In this episode, Debbie mentions Landmark College, and we promised you to provide a link to this interview she did with Landmark College representatives. Enjoy!
Debbie Reber is a parenting activist, New York Times bestselling author, keynote speaker, and the founder of TiLT Parenting, a website, top podcast, and social media community for parents who are raising differently wired children. Her newest book, Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World, came out in June 2018. After living abroad in the Netherlands for the past five years, Debbie, her husband, and 15-year-old son recently moved back to New York City. For more information about Debbie’s community for parents, visit her website at www.tiltparenting.com.