It’s hard to stay motivated in the face of increasing pressure, but it’s not impossible if you consider this checklist of motivation strategies.
The College Prep Podcast cohosts have a fun time breaking down Gretchen’s top 10 list:
- Look back at your routines and see if there is a key habit that you’ve let lapse. Pick it up again!
- Re-invigorate a team of supporters. Look for accountability partners.
- Get some new tools & supplies that will re-energize your work.
- Get organized! Take some time to clean out your backpack, desk, binders, etc.
- Break the overwhelming tasks down into bite-size parts.
- Take a conscious break (rather than frittering away your time unconsciously). Build play into your schedule.
- Recognize that you might need a mindset shift.
- Remind yourself of your goals & values, and how what you’re doing this semester connects to the bigger picture.
- Get affirmation from others. Give it to yourself.
- Notice if there is something you’ve outgrown (goals? friends? clubs? activities?) and be willing to let go of them.