Time management does not come naturally to teens, that’s for sure! But there are some simple actions parents can take to support their teenagers in becoming time aware, pro-active, anti-procrastinators.
Today’s Guest Expert Leslie Josel shares brilliants tips, tools, and techniques based on her new book for parents called What’s the Deal with Teens and Time Management.
In this wide-ranging, and often hilarious, discussion, Leslie and the College Prep Cohosts discuss:
- how to treat teenagers as problem solvers, not direction followers,
- how to create a household climate in which organizational success has a higher priority than academic success,
- ways to let kids fail so that they learn what their own time capabilities are,
- some insightful tips about how to help kids develop what Leslie calls “time sense,”
- the importance of letting mastery of time grow incrementally,
- recognizing how your child’s learning and time management styles might be different than your own,
- and more!
At the end of the podcast, Leslie shares the free resource smartcollegevisit.com, and recommends that every family tune in on Wednesday nights on twitter for the incredibly helpful #campuschat. A favorite recommendat
Leslie Josel is the founder of Order Out of Chaos, an organizing consulting firm specializing in student organization and chronic disorganization and creator of the award-winning “Academic Planner: A Tool for Time Management”®. As the author of “What’s the Deal with Teens and Time Management”, she brings over a decade’s worth of professional experience working one-on-one with teens and their families, speaking to teachers, parent and professional groups across the country, as well as the perspective of a mother of a time-challenged teen, to create a parent’s indispensable guide through the time management journey with their teen. Follow her on twitter at @order00chaos or on Facebook at facebook/orderoutofchaos.