Don’t fall prey to myths about how colleges evaluate their applicants!
If you have a full understanding of all the criteria, you can better plan for a more successful college search.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Know the 6 factors that are part of the admissions decisions
- Understand 5 characteristics that colleges are actually looking for (including ability to keep up with academics on campus, curiosity, interest in learning etc)
- What it means to be “admitted” and what colleges are actually trying to do, including a super cool football metaphor
- The different emphasis between big universities and smaller private schools.
- How to use this breakdown to influence your choices